The following guidelines apply to all contests on EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, unless otherwise specified.
Wherever the words EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2appear in these rules, they include the business entity to which the station is licensed, and any member companies, parent corporations, and affiliates. For example, EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2HD2 would include the Illini Radio Group, Saga Communications of Illinois, LLC, and its sole member, Saga Communications, Inc.
1) No purchase is necessary to enter any EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 contest.
2) All contestants must be permanent residents of Illinois and must provide EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 with a valid form of identification and Social Security number satisfactory to EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 management.
3) Subject to rule (4) below, all contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes.
4) All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
5) One entry per household will be permitted to participate in a contest. A “household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other contests on EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize valued at $500.00 or more on EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, and are ineligible to win a prize valued at $500.00 or more for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another contestant will be selected. This selection procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) Anytime the EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast.
a) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling (217) 239-9988 or (217) 709-9988. If any problems are discovered by EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
7) For contests requiring written entry forms, they may be faxed to (217) 352-1256, e-mailed to a contest specific address on www.extra921.com, or mailed/delivered to EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 – 2603 W. Bradley Avenue, Champaign, IL, 61821. All entries become property of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 and will not be returned. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 deems necessary to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 shall have no responsibility for a contestant’s failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
9) Prizes must be picked up by the winners at the EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 business office or other pre-arranged or pre-announced location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, unless there is a deadline date by which the prizes must be picked up, in which case, that date will be specifically stated. Otherwise, failure to pick up the prizes by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
10) In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 awarding the prize to the winner. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) As a condition of entering a contest, contestants must agree that upon winning, they will consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 for publicity purposes.
12) Employees of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, the Illini Radio Group, Saga Communications of Illinois, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 main studio are not eligible to win any contest.
13) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
14) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
15) EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 assumes no liability for liability, damages, situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies, affiliates thereof, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. As a condition of entering a contest, participants may be required, upon winning, to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the contestant’s right to claim or receive the prize.
16) The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on www.extra921.com:
a) All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or contestants will be disqualified.
b) To be eligible to win a prize, a contestant must reside within the listening area of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2, as defined within the exclusive discretion of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 management.
c) Any problems with the internet or email are not EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2’s responsibility.
d) Contestants who attempt to register to participate on EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2’s websites may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
17) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 are final.
18) Although EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 reserves the right in extraordinary situations to change or modify the rules of its contests as exigent circumstances may require. In such cases, EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast the amended rules as promptly as possible. In such case, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
19) A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the EXTRA 92.1 & 99.7/WIXY-HD2 studios, 2603 W. Bradley Avenue, Champaign, IL, 61821.